Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

39 Weeks (Tomorrow)

Your pregnancy: 39 weeks


How your baby's growing:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

See what your baby looks like this week.

We had another appointment today. Zach really hasn't gotten any lower. I'm dilated to a 1/2 cm (only because she stretched me a little). I begged her for some help...so she scheduled an induction day just in case I don't start laboring soon. So, my "D" day is June 4 @ 10am. I'm still really hoping to go into natural labor, but having a day to look forward to really helps my spirits. Thanks for all your well wishes...we really appreciate them! Smiles to you all!

3 comments:

  1. i figured out how you can go into labor, like now! someone important has to go out of town... preferably out of the state, if not out of the country! hehehehe... I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I hope things go smoothly and you have a precious baby in your arms in no time at all!

    I would give you labor starting tips, but I would do the opposite of what I was doing, since Josh was over 2 weeks late. I just had Ben induced early, because Josh was such a big one (9 poounds)and I got scared the second time around... though I do remember eating a chili dog the night josh delivered. I was scared about that too if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sweet Heart! I hope your doing great. I hear about you from Karen and wish you well. I love seeing Macy she is a doll. It's coming so soon....hold on and God will just make it all happen. Wishing you all the best with your new baby. XOXOXOXO Kim and Siena

    ReplyDelete