Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Very rarely...

Very rarely am I often right about song lyrics. My husband enjoys a frequent laugh at how often I misquote songs. It has become a regular comedy routine in many of our car trips together. HOWEVER. Today was different. You know the song, "Blinded by the Light" originally performed by Bruce Springsteen. I'm singing along to the words, and I start laughing to myself.

Me: Ha ha...you'll never believe what I've always thought the words were in this song. (I start busting out the lyrics right along with the radio..."Blinded by the light...WRAPPED UP LIKE A DOUCHE".)

Hubby: Whhhhat?

Me: Yeah, just listen...don't you totally hear, "Wrapped up like a douche?"

Hubby:(Listens for the chorus again...) No way, it says "Wrapped up like she knew."

(We listen intently together during the next chorus)

Me: Nope, sorry...all I hear is "Wrapped up like a douche."

So, we get home and I beg my husband to look online to get the lyrics so my mind can rest easy. I'm pretty certain that I am wrong, but non-the-less, I need to know the truth.

Here's the story on the lyrics:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_Light

The version we heard...not by Springsteen, but by Manfred Mann. BOOO-YAH baby...score one for the preggers!!

Watch it for yourself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AFCJ1dLdg

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, I thoght it was douche for EVER!

    ReplyDelete