Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Princess Diaries


Tell me, anyone...is your child obsessed with ALL things princess?

Mine is.

More specifically, she is completely enamored with Cinderella.
She stays in character for as long as my sanity will let her.
I am often Snow White.

Tonight I begged to just be Mommy.

The funny thing is, she's not so crazy about the idea of "Prince Charming."
At first I thought, no problem...I don't want her boy crazy at age 3.
However, she has set her sights on "Prince Wrinkle" (from the off humor book Cinderhazel)
This afternoon she even told me she was going to kiss him.
Yuck.

So, I'm wondering how long this princess thing is going to last.

It could be worse.
She could like snakes and spiders I guess.



3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, your little princess is just too cute as well.

    And, I think I would be happy she isn't into snakes and spiders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh Macy! She is looking just like a princess, mom. And Zach is looking oh so like a little prince! Yep... way better than snakes(UGH) and speeders (as my Meg would say!). And mom, if Macy is a princess, then you are the..... QUEEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. or uh, godzilla and "gums"!

    I am having a total crisis as my son turns five this year and it is like a switch has been flipped.

    HELLO ANYTHING POWERFUL! Dragons, dinosaurs, monsters, robots, and just recently swords and gums.

    Sigh...

    (I found you through POW!)

    ReplyDelete