Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

hAppY biRtHdaY mAcY!!!

( thanks Opa for the ONLY blue ring pop at the snack bar. It took two baths and 2 tooth brushings to remove the blue. Don't do that again. )
My little girl is 3. Where has the time gone?


She helped to make her own birthday cake.
As I was in the bathroom getting ready, just minutes before we were supposed to leave to go to her party, she came in with chocolate fingers.
I wondered where it came from.
In her sweetest "princess" voice, she informed me that her birthday cake tasted delicious.
I lost it.
Thank goodness for our local cake maker. Jeanette saved the day with another cake.
I did make "dirt cake" for all the kiddos with "flower" lollies. I was pretty proud.



We had her party at Pump it UP! Ahhhhh-mazing. Reasons to have a party at Pump it UP!
They set up.
They clean up.
(I should stop right there...cuz that's the most important)
I didn't have to clean my own house.
The kids get to play like crazy and burn all their energy.
My kid loves it.
Her grandma loves it.
Pump it UP! rocks my socks.


I wish I had a better picture of my lollies. Emily would be so proud of me. They were so purdy. And they tasted pretty fabu too.
(sorry about the scary red eyes, I forgot to fix before I imported)


Happy birthday Lu Lu.

I am so proud to be your mommy, even though you eat the cake before your party and you know better.

I love to watch you grow smarter and more beautiful each day as you learn about the world around you, even though that means I have to plan activities to hold your attention.

I love to hear your questions in your quest to find truth and understanding, even though I would probably pay a pretty penny not to hear the word, "why?" every once in a while.

I stand in awe of your imagination that is so vibrant and full, even though you are obsessed with being a princess every day and you clippity-clop around the kitchen until it sounds like a full drum band is living in our house.

I admire your tenacity, even though you put up a battle every time it's time to go to bed.

I covet your tenderness. There is no "even though" to that. I love this about you. Please, give mommy lovies for the rest of your life. There is never too much, only too little.

You are my bright little star and I cannot believe you are 3. You simply amaze me.

Love you darling.
-mama

4 comments:

  1. She is just PRECIOUS!!!
    mmm, that dirt cake looks GOOOOD!!! i always loved that stuff.
    ISn't Pump it Up the best?! i love going to parties there!
    Happy 3rd Bday Macy girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sad i missed this amazing day!! but your blog to her made me cry. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! Happy Birthday to your little 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete