Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

...so this is love...

You might remember me *slightly* fussing over the fact that Steve was going to play in the Championship Softball game ON OUR ANNIVERSARY.
This should be punishable somehow.

I did my fair share of pouting and moaning about the injustice of it all.

I can't say this was the most romantic anniversary either.

HOWEVER.
I learned something about my marriage and myself in the midst of my little pitty party.

I love love love my husband (well, I already knew that)
But what I really mean, is that I love to see him really happy.
I love to see him doing something that is such a part of who he is...
that seeing his joy, brings me sheer happiness.

Watching him make those "clutch" plays makes my heart pitter patter.
The fact that he tries to play like he is still in high school makes me want to don his Letterman's jacket.
Dang, he's just so darn cute.
And...who can resist the eye black. Come on ladies.


I'm not going to pretend that this was something I would EVER chose to do on my Anniversary.
(I can think of maaaaany other things)
ahem.

But it confirmed to me that wherever he is, I want to be there also.
Whatever he loves, I want to love as well.
What he wants to dream about, I want to dream about too.
This is not to suggest that I am some foggy-headed "little wifey."
This IS to suggest that I am that grounded "little wifey" who is still enamored with her husband.
That he still gives me butterflies.
And that I still feel so blessed that he picked me.

The last out of the game was a pop fly to short that he caught.
After shaking hands with the other team, Steve ran over to me in the stands to give me the game winning ball.
Be still my beating heart.
Now THAT is an anniversary present.



Congratulations Steve. So proud of your win tonight.
You are MY champion.
MUAH!

10 comments:

  1. That was adorable Joni!!

    Yeah, for being married for 7 years, and it still feeling like you are dating!!

    That's how you truly know you are doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled on to your blog from the Wyatt's page and darn if that wasn't the sweetest post! I think you summed up the feelings of every wife watching her husband in all his glory! =) Thanks for sharing!!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni, I have the best time reading your blog and seeing your family photos... Thank you for sharing it all.. What a buys month for you and your family.
    We are coming up on our 8th wedding anny year (aug 5th), jocelynns 6th bday( aug 5th) and adams 31st bday (aug 3rd) WE are GOING To the Coast for a week!! I cant wait. OMG i loved the blog on things about you....they were great.
    Keep the great bloggin coming.. I look forward to it.
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahoo for 7 years! we celebrate 4 tomorrow and i stole your words (i gave you credit of course) because i couldn't have summed it up better! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahwww! You are a good wife. Great lesson learned too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giving you the game winning ball? So romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! What a romantic anniversary...sometimes the least romantic sounding date can turn into the most romantic ones of all. Happy POW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, very sweet. Glad you found a way to enjoy the day even if it wasn't exactly what you wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet post. You are a better woman than me. I should get a little credit though for spending our 10th anniversary in the scorching hot sun at the U.S Open. My hubby LOVES golf. Still I told him the next time I go to the U.S. Open, he'll have to be playing in it. :)

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll have to try to cayenne pepper idea.

    ReplyDelete