Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Works-for-me?

I haven't actually tried this, but have to now because the last batch of towels I did had too long of a siesta in my washing machine.
Gross. Gag. Ewwww.
Hate that smell.
Barf.
Anyways, I'm gonna try a few of these tricks.

I will try this method first.

The Vinegar Method

  1. Put your towels in the washing machine, using the hottest water available. Add one or two cups of white vinegar. Do not add detergent, fabric softener, or any other products at this time. Run the washer.
  2. Leave the towels in the washer and wash the same load again just as you would normally with laundry soap. Again, use the hottest water available. Don't use fabric softener or any other products.
  3. Dry the load in the dryer using a high heat setting. Towels should be thoroughly dry when you pull them out. If they're not dry, put them back in, or move them immediately outside and hang them in the sunlight.
Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Did this work? I cannot see the picture for some reason. I've always wondered about this though. And I hear using the vinegar is a way to get items not to fade. Is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the cool trick...
    Gonna Try it...
    I could not see the pix also.. thought my old skoll dial up internet was the reason...... glad 2 know it is not that...LOL
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this tip, I've wondered how to help them once they get left too long it seems they're never quite the same.

    ReplyDelete