Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Mama!



I sat down to write this post about my mother. I have been staring at the computer keyboard for about 5 minutes now. There is so much I want to write about my mother, but I don't even know where to start.

However, I found a few pictures that I thought might allow me to express to blogworld the way I feel about my mom.


I think my mom is beautiful.
Not the supermodel type of beautiful.
The type of beautiful that draws people to her because she is the "pure" kind of beautiful.
People can see her heart before they see her face I believe.
She's the kind of beautiful that people want to be.
Then, once they see her blue eyes and sincere smile, they have already been won over, because not only is she beautiful on the outside, she is golden on the inside.
I love that my mom is comfortable with who she is.
She is confident.
She doesn't have to prove anything to anybody.
She loves to be silly...which I'm sure I rolled my eyes at as a teen, but now,
I think even her silliness is beautiful.

Happy Birthday to the most beautiful woman I know, headband and all!


The following picture is one of my most favorite pictures of all.
I'm going to try to put into words what I feel when I see this picture, because to me, it speaks so directly to my mother's character.
It even gets me a little choked up.

Here it goes:
My mom is THERE.
Always.
You need her, she's THERE.
While it's not always easy for her, she WANTS to be THERE.
When I look at that picture, and I see the confidence Macy has in running into the arms of her Grandma, I see the trust, the love, and the desire for her closeness.
Grandma has made her want that closeness by being THERE.
I want her closeness because she has always been THERE.


This last picture sums it up for me.
Where my mom is, I always want to be.
It's her fellowship, her laugh, her cooking, her love, her smile, her shoulder to cry on, her listening ear (even though she is practically deaf), and her character that I crave to be around.
She is amazing.
I would feel successful if I was even 1/2 the mom my mom is to me.

Happy Birthday Mama.
I love you more than "blogwords" could ever say.
Hope your day is special.

"A mother is the truest friend we have."
~Washington Irving

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY!! :) Awesome post Joni!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mom Joni!

    What a beautiful post!

    And if it makes you feel any better, I think you are a lot like your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joni! What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful mom. I couldn't agree more about her beauty. I love your whole blog - so creative (just like your parents).

    ReplyDelete