Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

F.A.I.R.

It was that good.
Each letter needed its own punctuation mark.

and it all started with these delicious little devils...

DEEP FRIED OREOS.
Hello...can you say coronary?


Daddy and Mommy took Macy on a date to the
DOODLEBOPS.
Seriously.
We were rockin' out with them.
They said we were their favorite stop.
Don't be jealous.

Hi-Ho SILVER!
Every kid needs a pony ride.
Just ask the people at the
HAPPY DAY PONY RIDES.
Yes, it was a happy day.


Mostly, because I ate TWO of the beauties.
My absolute favorite.
Sprinkled with their special crack seasoning.
Yes, I licked my fingers.

Real pony, fake pony.
It doesn't matter.
She can ride like the wind!
Oma had great fun too!


Of course, we had to stop for these.
No fair would be complete without the photo booth pictures.
I love how I am ALWAYS stinkin' surprised by the first picture.
You'd think I would know by now.
I love that Zach is zonked in exactly the same pose in each one of these pics.


Still the same price. 25 cents after all these years.
It's the cheapest form of entertainment you can find at the fair these days.

Big Fresno Fair. T
his was my favorite year by far.
Thank you for not disappointing.

Totally forgot to take pictures of the following:
1. Jumbo Corn Dog
2. Funnel Cake
3. Ferris Wheel Ride
4. My second crack corn. (and i don't care)
Just so you know what concoctions resulted the need for a 3 hour nap.

8 comments:

  1. that's freaking awesome! i was just telling matt how i miss the fair. and macy's hair looks so long! when did that happen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! We're about to have some festivals down here that I will have to go too. What great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never wanted to try fried oreos more in my life! And, mmmm, that corn is some of the best I've ever had. Only 9 months to wait until the fair is back in my part of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time. I love the corn at the fair...not so sure about the fried oreos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh for the love of peter pan!!

    i am sooo craving all of that deliciousness now!!

    looks beyond yummy and fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When i think of the Fresno Fair, i think scary carnys but you guys really made me sad we're gonna miss the fair this year. Thanks :( Leave it to you to change my mind....again! :) And I LOVE the picture booth photos!!! Jeff and i did that for 4 years straight when we were dating and i still have the one my parents took with Em last year on the fridge! :) Glad you guys had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are going to the State fair on Tuesday...so glad I read this.
    I am now in the mood for all things deep-fried!!!

    ReplyDelete