Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The funniest joke ever...

Macy: Hey mom! Hey mom! Wanna hear a joke?

Me: Yeah, uh okay. (a joke? since when does she tell jokes?)

Macy: A CHICKEN IN A FARM!

Me: (Stunned. Quizzical? THEN...Hysterically laughing, thus egging Macy on further.)

Macy: Hey! Wanna hear another one?

Me: ABSOLUTELY. (I'm literally rolling around laughing...)

Macy: A HORSE IN A HAT!

Me: Go tell daddy!

Macy proceeds to run in the kitchen to tell her daddy.
I hear silence.
Please laugh Steve, please.
Chuckles.
Oh, thank goodness.


Approx. 10 minutes later...my friend Sam calls on the phone as I am starting this post...
I'm still laughing.
I have Macy tell her the "jokes."
Silence.
Huh...ha?

She asks if she missed something.

No, not really.
Clearly, we need a little help in the "punchline" department.

*Editor's Note: Today is the first day I have felt the freedom to belly laugh without the fear of shooting vomit out my nose. We have all been sick since Friday with the stomach flu, hence my absence in the "blog-o-sphere." Her jokes were the perfect medicine. I feel so much better.

6 comments:

  1. HEY! I laughed too! (Mainly at you and your TOTAL hysteria at "A HORSE AND A SUCKER!" but it was cute, and i am so glad you are all feeling better!!!! (i think! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, honestly I would have burst out laughing at those. I bet Miss Macy was so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bwahahahahahah!! those are mine kind of jokes. next time tell her to call (her favorite) aunt sara! and i'll laugh. oh... i'll laugh.
    glad you're feeling better. been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! She must be oh so proud!!

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute jokes... they made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better.

    Kids jokes are the best. Funny even though they aren't. They just look so impressed with themselves and how funny they are that you just can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete