Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Laundry Room Makeover

I happen to have a love hate relationship with laundry. For whatever reason, I love to start a load of laundry, get it to the dryer, and bring it into be folded. It's the folding and putting away that I have utter disdain for. When I say utter disdain, I mean it with serious emotion-filled "ugh."

My "relationship" with the laundry is beginning to change the way I feel about going into that room at all. Soul sucking, time wasting laundry is beginning to make me think that Christina from Grey's Anatomy has it all figured out. Why do laundry when you can just purchase a new 10 pack of chonies instead of buying laundry detergent, use of electricity, and our precious water? While I seriously considered this and mulled it over, I decided that for a family of 4, it just wasn't THAT economical. I even started believing that you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I shouldn't have to clean any laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?

Desperate, I decided that some action MUST be taken to change the way I feel about laundry before I turned Lloyd Mountain into some sort of commune where we are all naked and fancy free. {i know you grimaced when you read that} Hence, the laundry room makeover.

Fifteen bucks in some new happy, life-breathing, fresh paint from True Value (sprite is the color name) and some creative rearranging and purging {double fist pump} led to one of the new found joys in my home. The laundry room. *sigh* {and the angels started singing}

So dear laundry, do not fret. I am here to facilitate in your rinse, agitate, spin, and drying cycles. I finally am learning to embrace the notion that EB White discerned, “We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry." So give me joy, and give me the laundry, but honey...I'll still rock, paper, scissor you for who has to put it away.




The BEFORE shot. {gag}


Wanna share your laundry tips and ideas? Leave me a comment...I'd love to try it out!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks sooo good!

    Putting away the laundry is the worst...I'm not sure why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it looks beautiful! I wish I had even a tiny bit of decorating talent!!
    my hint:
    Wash, dry and fold one load every day/evening. Sundays off (or whatever day you choose). Alternate days with hubby. Everyone puts away their own clothes - the kids get a reward when they can do it unassited. (Zachs a little young but he'll get there) Trading days is ok too. When your ready for the challenge (it's so much easier to do things yourself!) the kids get in the full rotation and can wash, dry and fold. :)
    lm

    ReplyDelete