Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

~the shack~

i just finished reading one of the most profound books i've read in a long time.
THE SHACK

for me,
it is one of the most thought provoking
inspiring
creative looks at our
Lord
and i wasn't expecting how it would make me feel.

i anticipated that i would cry, as my friends had cautioned.
i did not.
instead, i felt a rush of adrenaline.
i experienced joy and promise.
grace.
fresh perspective.
clarity.

i embraced the fresh and creative look
and i breathed deeply as i took in the experience
of this book.

i think you should experience it too.
read it and breathe.
and then let me know what you thought.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished this book a few weeks ago. A friend of mine gave it to me for my birthday and I didn't want to read it because she said it would make me cry. But.... she LOVED it and thought I would if I could get past the sadness. I did and I enjoyed it. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joni,
    I read the Shack too...just a word of warning for those who might read this book and don't have a good grasp on who our Lord really is. The author of this book is a universalist and doesn't believe that Christ is the only way to salvation. There are a few subtle heresies in this book and I truly think it can hinder some from coming to a true knowledge of our Lord, especially if they haven't read the Bible for themselves. Anyway, a good resource to check this our is: http://www.alwaysbeready.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=148&Itemid=124
    Hope you are well friend!

    ReplyDelete