Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

child's play



Macy and I had a "mommy day" recently where Daddy took Zach to town with him, so we had the house to ourselves.

I had been feeling under the weather, so we decided to stay in the house and get some things done without little Zach fingers meddling. Seriously, he should get an award for how fast he can "decorate" a house.

We (meaning me, myself, and I)....decided to clean out the cabinets and do a bit of rearranging. Tsk is you must, but I heart cleaning out cabinets. Even if they are my own. I like things organized. I like things easy to find. I hate hanging on to things that I know I'll never use, unless they have some special sappy story and then I can't bear to part. On with the story.

During said "rearrangement" Macy found an old ice cube tray that I had used when I was pretending to be "Supermom" and painstakingly prepared all of Macy's homemade veggies for easy freezing and use when she was starting to eat solids. Really, who was that person? Then I got smart and bought one of these and my whole world changed. (enter the singing angles). Sorry. On with the story.

She asked: "Mama. What. Is. This. Weird. Looking. Thing?"
(I type it like that because seriously, each word was it's own sentence.)

Me: "That's an ice cube tray."
(no need to sugar coat it, make it something more 'awesome' than it really is....i mean really, it's not like the tooth fairy keeps teeth in there or it's used for something more exciting than ice or frozen vegetables for that matter.)

Macy: (disgusted)..."Where in the world is alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the ice?" ( in case you haven't met Macy, she frequently practices her drama queen skills on the off chance that a talent scout might be hiding in the bathroom or something...)

Me: (equally as disgusted)...."In the freezer where it beeeeloooooooooooooongs" (I know, I'll never get famous with whitty comebacks like that)

Macy: "Oh."

So I get busy rearranging...making things sparkly and new and fun. You know how you feel when you've just cleaned out an old drawer....it's like, oh hello old house....i love you again, you look pretty and sparkly and new. ta. da! might as well add three snaps in a z formation to that.

A friend of mine calls me on the phone, and in mid-sentence, I look up to see this.

Macy is putting the ice, where it rightly belongs.

The end.

5 comments:

  1. ME ME ME ME ME I WAS THE FRIEND!! :P I'm glad you posted the picture! What a riot.... never boring at the Lloyd house!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that story!...and I think we just connected in a new way...I LOVE ORGANIZING TOO!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be a professional organizer... Maybe someday I will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you posted the picture! What a riot..

    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete