Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

3 and a half months...and counting...

{just to clarify....i am NOT pregnant.}
--enter snip snip noises here--

I'm celebrating that I have NOT purchased laundry soap in over 3 1/2 months.

Don't start gagging just yet.

I'm cleaning our clothes.
They are getting washed.
All is good in the hood.

I'm just making my own soap.

Remember when I put out that challenge, here?
I've been making my laundry soap since.

Are you interested in trying it?
Are you a little nervous to go get the ingredients, make it, and NOT love it?
I'm happy to give you a load's worth (if you're local) so you can try it without a big commitment.

Here are a few things I have learned when using the soap:

#1: i prefer the liquid soap to the dry soap, only because hubby uses too much of the dry per load (only 1 TBS) so i have to make it more frequently.

#2: if you use the dry, start your load on hot hot water so it dissolves the soap. after the soap is mixed, put it back on whatever setting you use. the borax can be kinda strong, and i've noticed some suspect spots.

#3: fragrance is not necessary and only adds to the cost. it smells good when it's washing, but by the time i have washed and dried the clothes, the only left-over smell is that of the dryer sheets.

#4: i prefer fels naptha to zote soap. personal preference. that's all. (i also think it cleans stains better)

#5: i think everyone should try it at least once. surprise yourself. do something good. in honor of mother earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment