Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

the bucket brigade

yesterday i was strong.
yesterday i "eye-rolled" the idea of being emotional over this whole kindergarten "thing."
yesterday i equated "going to kindergarten" like sending her off on yet another year of preschool.
yesterday i didn't see the levity of this milestone.


today i packed her first lunch.
and i went way beyond misty.
this milestone, this moment in all its grandness at the threshold of my door.
my "someday"...here.
my "tomorrow"....here.
my "baby"....here.


who knew a pb&j could do that to a grown woman.
it did.
and it really surprised me.


how great is a mother's love.
how lovely the moments are when we relish these milestones.
how lucky i am to be part of this moment.
this grandness.
this threshold.

waiting for the bus.
{she did turn around and smile...melted me.}

yes, i stalked the bus to school.

saying hi to friends.

((letting go))

((and holding on))
Welcome Home sissy from your first REAL day!!


i am joni lane and i went way beyond misty-ness

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, she rode the bus!! She's so big :) My mom did the same thing the first time I rode the bus, for a few days lol! I always thought it was so silly until I had my own babies and I now know that there is no way I could even let my soon to be 2nd grader get on the bus by himself without crying :)
    Isn't it such a crazy feeling, that mixture of extreme pride and the sadness of our babies growing up?
    *sigh*
    These pictures made me smile, happy first day Maci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joni... You made me misty eyed... and my husband is laughing at me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you over at Nie's show and tell. I thought that you might enjoy a project that I have going on over at my Blog. Every Tuesday I host The Happiness Project. You simply post a photo of something that makes you happy and then link up.

    I'm trying to take over the Blogosphere with happiness. Here is a link to this week's post if you want to see what it's all about.

    http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/2010/08/happiness-project-week-25.html

    ReplyDelete