Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Schadenfreude

i think i have a serious case of schadenfreude.

i love pillow talk.
i tend to bait steve with "tell me a story" questions late at night.
somehow, please don't ask me how, we started talking about puke.
that's right.
vomit.
throw-up.
and he proceeds to tell me a puke story.
i almost peed my pants laughing.
i literally delighted in his misfortune.
pure delight.
here's his story.
i promise you will "grimace" with laughter.

Disclaimer: 
You first need to know a little about Steve.
Steve is a "do-righter."
Never in trouble.
Doesn't cause waves.
I don't think he has ever really been "in trouble" in his life.
Seriously.

STEVE:
"I'm in third grade.
My good friends name is Randy 
(last name protected to save his dignity) 
He is standing behind me in line getting ready to go to class after recess.
I am minding my own business.
Then all of a sudden 
(insert retching noises)
*you can start laughing now, i promise*
Randy yacks all over my back and backpack.
Projectile.
Dude, I thought we were friends and you just puked all over me.

--Steve doesn't admit to, but I believe with conviction that he threw the dude a dirty look.--
Picturing this makes me laugh even harder. 
I think I might have even snorted. Yes, I did.
Loud.

Steve continues with this part of the story.
"This is the same dude who beaned me with a baseball at a game
right after I had just spent the night at his house and later he has the audacity to say,
"That's awesome, I can see the stitches of the ball on your BACK!"
Yeah. Awesome.
Again, I thought we were friends.


i am joni lane, and maybe this is one of those stories where you really had to be there.

1 comment:

  1. bahahahahaha! Don't remember ever hearing that one. Thanks for sharing it. Apparently I have schadenfreude too. ;)

    ReplyDelete