Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a pretty penny

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday.
I think they call it spring cleaning.
I think it should be called,
"dang- I didn't know I was so lazy all winter kick-yourself-in-the-pants-cleaning"
Maybe calling it spring cleaning is just easier.
But I will pretend it's an acronym for "Serious Purging {and} Reorganizing Inspired {by} Nasty Grime.

While in the midst on my serious-sweat inducing cleaning spree, I realized I was out of Windex.
I know.
Gasp.

I use Green Works for most of my cleaning (my effort at getting greener) but it seriously sucks at cleaning glass.
So I usually use Windex for glass.
I have never really had any complaints other than it costs a pretty penny.

Most of you know now that I've been making my own laundry soap for over a year now, and I have used a more cost effective and even greener recipe for laundering. (2 grated soap bars of Trader Joe's "Next to Godliness Oatmeal/Honey Soap" 2c. of Borax and 2c. Super Washing Soda) It's fantastic.

So, I figured there has got to be a greener, more cost effective way to keep my windows clean.

Enter my friend, VINEGAR.

Easy peasy "green" recipe.
2 c. tap water
1 tsp dish soap
1/4 c. white vinegar.
Shake.
Squirt your dirty windows.
Use newspaper to wipe and dry.

The end.
Clean windows.

(Might I add...I found it to clean better, streak less, and use less paper because it wasn't all sudsy.)
Goodbye Windex.
I think we are officially breaking up.

I dare you to try it.
I think you'll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment