Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

90, it's kinda a big deal.

we celebrated my grandma's 90th birthday this weekend.
she is just beautiful.
she inspires me.
at 90, she still gardens, drives to get her hair done, cooks, bakes cookies like a champion (hence the name grandma cookie), keeps house, and sings in the shower.
(okay i made that last one up...but i totally am willing to bet that she does)

some of my fondest memories come from visits to my grandparent's home.
sticking my feet in the mud when it was time to irrigate the grapes.
eating tomatoes off the vine.
helping grandma hang laundry on the line.
picking her alstroemeria for pretty bouquets.
watching the 5 o'clock news with grandpa.

when giving advice at her own party, she told the guests her tip for life is to "work hard."
i think that's pretty sound advice.

happy birthday, grandma cookie.
you are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment