Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Know when to walk away...

also known as Summer Vacation Day 10

Summer Mantra Verse 10
::"know when to walk away"::


Please cue Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" song...
a few lyrics to refresh your memory:
"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run..."

At some point in life, there are just certain things you need to accept.
Embrace those God-given talents, and call it good.

Here's some things I know.

I'm funny.
(no need for examples here, it's something I've just accepted and you have too.)

I can dance my a-double-snakes off.
(don't make me bust out my home videos, and no snarky comments from friends who watched the recital this year.)

(click the link if you haven't heard this gem of a story)

I pretty much make the best mocha in town.
(except if you ask the extra chocolate lady, steve makes it better. whatever.)

I am NOT a good painter.
(this has been a reallllllllllly long process to accept. i think the denial part has left the building, but I'm definitely in the defiance stage of this knowledge)

I cannot spell definitely without the help of spell check.
(I just did it. It turned red, I hit control right click, it fixed it. I get it, I was a whole language kid...not phonics. If you're a teacher and you would like to do your case study on me, I work for chocolate.)


Case in point about the whole "no good at painting" statement.

I sniffed WAYYYYY tooo many fumes.
(hence the hi-larious post you are privy to.)

Steve even noticed I was a bit off.
I will add a little review and antecdotal note:
Valspar spray paint fumes don't stink, I would even venture to say that it smelled a little like lemon bars. I was painting yellow, maybe I'm easily influenced by association.  However,  the nozzle is a little hard to depress for my petite fingers.
Krylon covers pretty well, and has the best spray nozzle. Very user friendly.
I do not enjoy painting with a paint brush.

Spray paint is soooo instant gratification for me.
Dries in about 15 minutes.

Brushing paint kills me.
Seriously.
I am not being overdramatic.
I could feel my joy being sucked out with every brush stroke.

Here's what I painted yesterday.
Kenny Rogers, where was your song in my head when I needed you?
I won't make this mistake twice.

(sorry the pics are dark)

stay tuned for the living room makeover post.








2 comments:

  1. So funny J, I was going crazy with spray paint too! And there are CLEARLY some spray paints that are better than others. Luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracked me up and DUDE! I totally agree that the Krylon has an awesome nozzle...makes it even more addictive! haha! I actually bought this nifty spray gun handle thingys at walmart during the last furniture project I was doing ( http://tinyurl.com/5vhryzu ) and holy moly, I wanted to spray paint everything in sight LOL! You gotta get one ;)

    ReplyDelete