Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

promises promises

7 years ago we built our home here at Lloyd Mountain.

I remember making a vow that we would sit out on the porch on summer nights and drink lemonade and admire the sunset.

In all truthfulness, I cannot remember a time that we have ever done that.

We have a drop-dead gorgeous view of Fresno.
The sunsets are spectacular.

We often stand outside and take them in...or watch from the dining room windows.

Rarely do we sit, breathe, drink lemonade, and unwind in front of this beauty.

Here are a few reasons why:

1. We have two spirited Labs who think it's cool to lay all over you when you sit down.
2. Sunset time is usually right around my kids bathtime.
3. Having a clean kitchen before bed has somehow crept into my MOST IMPORTANT LIST OF THINGS TO DO, and watching the sunset hasn't made it to that list yet....boo.

My intentions are always good...it sounds wonderful.
Making the time to do it has been challenging....and downright sad.

So I put it on our Summer List.

My darling Macy has been reminding me just about every night....
so finally last night...
we made it come true.

And I can't WAIT to do it again.
It was nice.




 would love to recommend an awesome app to everyone.  It's called "SkyView"  You can find it here.
You point your phone up to the sky and it shows you what you are looking at.  If you click it, it gives you info about the planet, constellation, satellite, telescope etc.  Awesome learning tool.  
Works during the day too.



i amand next time i'm making fresh squeezed lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! You DO have a lovely view. I have a superb view of the houses right across the street and that is it...but we often sit out on front porch on the two little chairs and table squeezed in there because I like to pretend we have a real front porch instead of a bit of an overhang. You go Joni!

    ReplyDelete