Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

March Review 2013

March Review 2013


March was a roller coaster of a month.
I happen to adore March for many reasons.
#1- flowers are popping up everywhere, and there is so much green around.
#2- the weather is usually gorgeous with a few snowstorms here and there.
#3- IT'S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!
Yes, you read that right.
It's my birthday month.

I usually love everything about March, but this year was different and riddled with highs and lows.
Writing this now I thought would be easier, but it's not.
I thought waiting to review 2013 would be easier on my heart.
It's not.
Remember how I told you I wasn't impressed with 2013, and just wanted some goodness to come from it?
March started off terribly.
I have to write about it because it's part of our family story,
but oh how I wish it wasn't.

Those of you who know me understand my friendship and connection to my Aunt Karen.
She's one of my "people."
A go-to confidant, encourager, and friend.
March marks sadness in my heart because it's March that I learned of her terminal illness.
My Auntie was diagnosed with cancer.
The kind of cancer that gives you a timeline.
I hate cancer.


My birthday was low on my list of "good things happening" because March just hurt so much.
I knew I had New York to look forward to, but it seemed trivial compared to what was happening in our real world.  We decided to continue with our plans for New York because we knew that Auntie would want to hear all about our travels and that she supported a life that made memories and took advantage of opportunities.

A happy memory for me is Macy and Steve attending the Father/Daughter dance at school.
They are so cute together.
I was lucky enough to go this year too as the photographer for the dance.
It was so fun to see all the girls and their daddies or important guys in their life!

For my birthday this year I went with some girlfriends to a local salvage shop called Santiago's in the Tower District.  We found some awesome finds and my friend Sam made a a chair for my birthday to plant flowers inside. She's sweet.




For Saint Patrick's Day (the day after my birthday) we made some fun little cupcakes for Macy's class.
They were super easy and loads of fun!

Our New York was a giant review of what we did for most of March.
When we returned home from our trip, Easter happened to be upon us!
It was wonderful to come back home and then jump right into a celebration with family
to remind us of the Savior's gift to us.
Here's how we celebrated:

Steve started by reading the passage in the Bible from John 19.
Next, we started making our Resurrection Rolls.

.



 While the rolls bake, Steve reads John 20:1-18.
 The finished rolls.
 Opening the "tomb"
 The tomb was empty!
 For lunch we went to my parents house for an egg hunt and family time.
 Marland and Sito.




 Grandma Cookie came out to watch the hunt!






i am and I miss my Auntie every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment