Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Allow me to debunk your theory...

This morning I posted this on my Instagram and alluded to the fact that I was kid-free today.
Steve took the kids to his parents house for the weekend so that we could shoot a wedding tomorrow. (More on this later)
Here, I started to ponder my day.

What do you do when you are kid-free?
I think about the what-if's a lot of what I would like to do with my time when I'm not accountable to anyone else.
I always imagine my quiet time.
I'll read.
No, I'll sew.
Oh wait...no instead I'll work on that project I swore I'd do last year.
I'll watch a movie.
I'll take a nap.
I'll drive myself to Shaver and eat at Bob's by myself and enjoy the quiet.
I'll spend time in the garden.
I'll take another nap.
Have a glass of wine with my lunch.
Take a long bubble bath.
Read some more.
Talk on the phone.
Catch up on some blogs.

I always picture that's what I'll do when I'm having a kid-free day.
But I never do.
Why?
Because in their absence I miss them.
Instead I end up looking at the quiet as an opportunity to catch up on chores so that when they get home I can spend my "time" doing the things I really want to do with THEM.

I'll roller skate.
Make ice cream.
Watch a movie.
Read.
Snuggle.
Play.
I'm busting it today so that when I see them, I can enjoy them.

So in case you really thought I was lounging in the hot tub with a beer at noon...
allow me to debunk your theory.

This is what I did:

1. Organized my photo stuff for tomorrow's wedding.
 2. Cleaned Macy's room from her birthday party.
 3. Fixed her hangers and organized her closet.
4. De-birthday-ed my countertops. 

 5. Cleaned the kitchen, did dishes, fed the chickens.
 6. Got caught up on the 4 loads of laundry and put them away.

8. Rewarded my progress with some writing/blogging.

And now, I'm off for a nap.


i am and sometimes the quiet inspires me to be a better mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment