Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Kinda like a Turtles Song

Some days make me feel like I'm in an episode of the Wonder Years, or living out a my own version of a music video.  Most of you already know I'm a weirdo so I don't have any issues confessing through my blog that my brain works that way.

Yesterday felt very Turtles to me.  More specifically, it felt very "So Happy Together."

"Me and you and you and me
No matter how they tossed the dice
It had to be
The only one for me is you
And you for me
So happy together



I can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life
When you're with me, baby, the skies will be blue for all my life"
Awwwwww....right?

We spent the entire day together as a family and it felt wonderful.
It wasn't without its time-outs, redirection of behavior, or snappy little attitudes...
but we were all together for the entire day and it was so what we needed.

Steve planned for us to start our morning out near his office handing out turkeys with the kids to some grateful fourth grade families at a local school.







 When the passing out of the turkeys slowed down, they resorted to playing a homemade version of soccer and volleyball using the box wrap and a plastic bag. 
 From there we journeyed to West Hills College to watch our SHS Volleyball girls compete for the Valley Championship.
They won!


 What's not pictured here is a two hour layover at the Hobby Lobby in Hanford.
I didn't have time for my camera.
If you've been there.
You know what I mean.

Our last stop of the night was at Matt & Sara's new casa!
So much fun to see them getting settled in their new home...and so much closer to us!
(I'm pretty sure this is their Christmas gift to me...the fact that they are a hop, skip, and a jump away!)









I amand I would say that day one of our THANKSgiving break has been chock full of things we are truly grateful for. Each other!







No comments:

Post a Comment