Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Hello 2017

Pretty sure this year is going to be sweet.
At least it started off as such.
January 1 included pajamas, hanging out at home, and s'mores for lunch.
Pretty sweet.
 We worked on a family puzzle.
The puzzle showed all different kinds of vintage cereals.
 I got a new sign for the bathroom.
It has proven to be way too much fun.
 We tried out a new food place right next to Fresno State called Farm Fresh Bowls.
We are fans.


 We are nearing even closer to the arrival of baby boy V!
Getting so excited to meet him!



 Macy participated in a tournament for the junior high team.  
They won 2/3 games.
I got teased for reading my book.
Again.
Here's the thing.
I look around and all these people are reading updates on their phones.
Text messages, Facebook, instagram, whatever...they are looking at something else too.
Mine happens to be legit literature.
End rant.
 Zach was in charge of setting the table one night.
He's pretty good at this setting the table gig while his sister cooks.
I'm impressed Z.
Very impressed.





 One weekend I put them in charge of making lunch.
They did wonderfully.
The kitchen took a beating for it, but the best part is....it all cleans up!


 We spent a great afternoon with my nephew Sage.
He's a riot.
Busy busy toddler.


 Again with the reading.
It's something we like to do around here.
 I had a rough week, a cold that wouldn't quit and wanted to eat all my feelings while I read.
Hotpants to the rescue.
He brought all the goods.

 Macy had her 1/2 birthday and made her own cake.
Sometimes getting to make your own cake is a celebration in itself.
 Again with the feelings.
Baking bread on a gloomy day is satisfying.
Especially when it's Portuguese sweet bread.
 Homemade chili too.
That's great on gloomy rainy days.....of which we have had many.
Did I mention it's been raining most of the month?
 So when there is not enough sunshine to go outside and talk to my plants, I like to carve out time to read.  Especially if I am reading kid literature.  The time I invest in reading these books is time invested in children's literacy in my mind.  The more I read, the more I can recommend to kids who need to have their nose in a book.  It's the equivalent of research.  It also happens to be incredibly satisfying.
 And finally a book my mom lent to me.
She insisted I read it.
Beautiful love story.
If you liked Romeo and Juliet and you like historical fiction...
you should read this.
At the end of January Macy got to attend Hume Lake Christian Camp with her girlfriends.
What a happy memory to make.
She even tried snowboarding for the first time.






No comments:

Post a Comment