Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Ellen's Job


The weather in Denver is laughable.
It would be the worst place to try and be a weatherman.
I flew in to cold cold rain.
Steve had a day of snow.
It dumped hail and rain during our Red Rocks adventure.
Today got HOT.

We spent our morning power walking through the morning streets.
Downtown Denver really perks up on the weekends.
Different kind of traffic.
Not the same hustle bustle of the working crowd.
There is a slow hustle bustle of people.
It's a different pace, noticeable.
Busy, just different.

There are some really smart entrepreneurs here in Denver.
I mean, On the Road Coffee
Like no figurative language here.
This is legit LITERAL language.
After reading the linked article, I wish I had crossed the street just to experience Pendelton's pour over coffee.
Instead we waited for our table at breakfast eatery SNOOZE inside the Union Station.
This place is decadent.
Couches, cushy seating, benches, clean, natural light, quiet.
It was like a fancy library.
It almost made me want to ditch our breakfast plans and just window shop and eat at all the little shops here.
I had read about Pigtrain Coffee and wanted to give it a go.
I ordered a lavender vanilla hot latte.
It was well worth the sips.




Snooze was buuuuuuuusy.
Like this is a movin' and groovin' place.
Tons of wait staff.
Tons of people.
Great looking choices on the menu.
It was hard to decide.
Steve opted for
Sandwich I Am
A soft pretzel roll filled with scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and a sausage patty, served with a side of smoked cheddar hollandaise & house hash browns.
I had to have the pancake sampler.
Remember, we've met already.
Me=all the food.
I want to try as much as I can.
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
Buttermilk pancakes with caramelized pineapple chunks, housemade vanilla crème anglaise and cinnamon butter.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
Our signature sweet potato buttermilk pancakes topped with homemade caramel, candied pecans and ginger butter.
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Buttermilk poppy seed pancakes topped with fresh lemon curd, citrus mascarpone, maple glazed pistachios and candied lemon.
We took a walk along the Cherry Creek and realized how warm it was, or that I possibly had grown a fever to go with my cold.
Put me down for another nap.
Spring colds suck.
I'm over it.
Just for the record, I'm still sick.
This might be me confessing that it's about time to see the doctor.

After the nap, we clearly were feeling brave so we said YES to the crazy bike people to take us towards Coors Field for another Dodger vs. Rockies showdown.
video
She took us to Jackson's Denver where we had a pregame beer and some yummy appetizers.

Delicious fried pickles with a spicy dipping sauce and beer queso with chips.


And we made it to another game with great seats.
Right behind the Dodger dugout.

This is my new friend Ellen.
She was in charge of our section the first night we were at the game.
She's a wonderful stadium docent.
I kinda think she has a radical job.
It might be fun to do this someday.
She also confessed that when she isn't at the ballpark, in the offseason
she's in Hawaii on a boat.
Now that's the life.

MLB put on the pink to celebrate Mother's and to support breast cancer research.
Steve and I ordered the Apple Pie Nachos to split.
The idea is pretty cool.
It was good.
Not like, "Oh my gosh that was soooooo good you have to try that!"
Like, hmmm.
Interesting.
I could make that at home.
Throw some apple pie filling on top of cinnamon sugared chips, top with some cheddar cheese and whip. 
Done.
Save the calories for the pancake flight at Snooze.
Just in case you wanna see Steve, he's just above the dugout standing nearly in the aisle clapping as we scored another run. Our Dodgers were victorious and we celebrated with many other Dodger fans who made it out to Coors Field.



No comments:

Post a Comment